Monday, September 30, 2013

A gem at Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Last February, I went to Kuala Lumpur for the first time.  At the airport, I inquired about the Shangri-la Hotel shuttle.  I didn't know I had to book in advance but the guy from Shangri-la got me a taxi instead.  What luck!  I got Mr. Gobee A/L Ragaven who took me to my hotel for less than what I would have paid for the Hotel limo.  Moreover, he gave me useful bits of information about Kuala Lumpur.  

I booked Gobee for my return trip to the airport and he showed up earlier than agreed.  I told him I wasn't able to try a typical Malaysian breakfast so, because we had plenty of time, he took me to a stall where he buys his breakfast, run by a Malaysian man and his Indonesian wife.  He helped me order Nasi lemak (coconut rice with egg, fish and sambal chili) and some fiery chicken dish.  The lady wrapped the whole thing in banana leaves and paper, then stuffed it in a plastic bag with a plastic spoon - all for a song.

Gobee then drove me to the airport and suggested that, after checking in, I should seat myself in a Malaysian coffee house which are aplenty in the airport, and enjoy my breakfast.  I ordered a cup of coffee and dug in.  My mouth was on fire but the whole thing was delicious!

I should have written about Gobee months ago but I misplaced his card.  I just found it among my papers so here are his contact details, just in case you need a reliable guide in Kuala Lumpur.

Airport Limo (M) SDN BHD
Gobee A/L Ragaven:  016-245-9918  (Limo 2895)   

No comments: